Friday, February 27, 2009

Hello again.

The gaps between posts should tell you two things. One, I'm still trying to figure out why and how blogging can be beneficial. And two, deep down, where all this comes from, I'm pretty well stuck on one idea at a time, and I'm typically wading there for a while. Sara and I have been involved with a small group for some time now and all is going well. We are working through what it means to live out biblical community and are enjoying the ride. We are learning a lot. Every time we come to a realization about how fallen our world system is and how much the church and its traditions fall in line with the fallenness, while frustrating, it brings us to a new appreciation of how big God is and how overwhelming His grace is in His love for us.
Seeing more and more judgmental "Christianity" around us and in the "news" is the most frustrating part. Not only do those people not know God and His love, but they are making it that much more difficult for others to see the truth of God and His grace. It is a grotesque reminder for believers of how we can be stumbling blocks when we're out of God's will and acting outside of His love.

No comments: